Top 10 Things Residents Can Do
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Unplug appliances even when they are off.
- Turn off faucets when not in use.
- Turn your thermostat down/up in the winter/summer.
- Clean and replace dirty filters so appliances run more efficiently.
- Go Car-less. Emissions from transportation account for more than 20 percent of our greenhouse gases.
- Keep the tires on your car adequately inflated.
- Bring your own bags on your shopping trips.
- Plant or adopt a tree in Chicago.
- Turn off the lights when not in use.